Enhanced Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing Care for Saratoga County
An Enhanced Assisted Living Residence Offers a Range of Services.
We provide care for those with mild to moderate memory deficits such as cues for eating, directional assistance, and participation in stimulating activities.
Some of the services provided in Enhanced Assisted Living include but are not limited to assistance with mobility, incontinency care and assistance with feeding, dressing, and bathing.
Other services offered are skilled nursing observation and documentation. The staffing levels in enhanced care are higher which allows more time for staff interaction with the residents.
What is Enhanced Assisted Living? A Choice Instead of a Nursing Home
Home of the Good Shepherd Enhanced Assisted Living provides all of the amenities of Assisted Living, but with a higher level of care. We use the motto – A Choice Instead of a Nursing Home – because we can provide almost the same level of care as a nursing home in a home-like environment.
Enhanced Assisted Living, or Enhanced Care or Enhanced Senior Living as it’s also known, is for individuals who:
- Become chronically chair fast and unable to transfer or requires the physical assistance of another person or persons to transfer
- Chronically require the physical assistance of another person or persons in order to walk
- Chronically require the physical assistance of another person or persons to climb or descend stairs
- Are dependent on medical equipment and require more than intermittent or occasional assistance from medical personnel or have chronic unmanaged urinary or bowel incontinence
Our Enhanced Assisted Living Care Staff is Available 24-Hours a Day
- eye drops
- indwelling catheter care
- condom catheter care
- colostomy care
- suprapubic catheter care
- dry to dry dressing changes
- total feeding by licensed staff
- nephrostomy tube care
- PRN medication administration
- nebulizer treatments
- oxygen care/nasal cannula
- the taking of vitals such as temperature and blood pressure
- finger stick testing of blood sugar levels
- applications of medicated creams and ointments
- skilled observations which need to be reported to a physician
- any other services consistent with Home of the Good Shepherd’s licensure
*Enhanced Assisted Living Residences mean a certificate issued by the NYS Department of Health which authorizes as Assisted Living Residence to provide aging in place by admitting and retaining residents who desire to continue to age in place and who: are chronically chairfast and unable to transfer or chronically require the physical assistance of another person to transfer; chronically require the physical assistance of another person in order to walk; chronically require the physical assistance of another person to climb or descend stairs; are dependent on medical equipment and require more than intermittent or occasional assistance from medical personnel; or have chronic unmanaged urinary or bowel incontinence. www.healthny.gov.
Our Malta, Moreau, Saratoga, and Wilton locations offer Assisted Living & Enhanced Assisted Living Services.
Absolutely spectacular care! Their enhanced assisted living services are top notch, and illustrate how some other local facilities who claim to provide enhanced assisted living services, really come up short. I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Great facility, and wonderful people, all very friendly and helpful. The facility is very clean, and they have daily activities for the residents.
The care provided at the Home of the Good Shepard has been nothing less than stellar. The staff is compassionate and helpful at all times. My family and I are very grateful to have a wonderful place like the Good Shepard to call home for my mother.
Sherry, Daughter of Resident